background image
12.2. VAT on the Supply of Services by Non-Residents

The supply of services by a non-resident having a PE is subject to VAT in Kiribati.

All non-resident companies without a PE in Kiribati are required to appoint a VAT representative in Kiribati to represent the company in dealings with the tax authorities. Such a representative will be subject to the same obligations as taxpayers carrying on their business activities in Kiribati and will be responsible for the payment of the VAT due.