(1) This Agreement shall remain in force until terminated by a Contracting State. Either Contracting State may terminate the Agreement, through diplomatic channels, by giving written notice of termination at least six months before the end of any calendar year beginning after the expiration of five years from the date of entry into force of the Agreement.
(2) In such event, the Agreement shall cease to have effect:
- (a) in Turkey:
- (i) with regard to other taxes, in respect of taxable years beginning after the end of calendar year in which such notice is given.
- (b) in Nigeria:
- (i) in respect of withholding taxes on income and taxes on capital gains derived by a non-resident, in relation to income and capital gains derived on or after January in the calendar year immediately following that in which the notice of termination is given, and
- (ii) in respect of other taxes, in relation to income of any basis period beginning on or after January in the calendar year immediately following that in which the notice of termination is given.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, having been duly authorized thereto by their respective Governments, have signed this Agreement.
DONE in duplicate at Abuja this twentieth day of October of the year 2021 in the English and Turkish languages, both texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence of interpretation, the English text shall prevail.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY:
DR. MEHMET MUŞ
MINISTER OF TRADE
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA:
DR. ZAMAB A MED
MINISTER OF FINANCE, BUDGET, AND NATIONAL PLANNING