- Statutory Tax Rate25
- Surtax Based on Taxable Income0
- Surtax Based on Statutory Tax0
- Surtax Deductible from Taxable Income0
- Statutory Tax Deductable0
- Effective Tax Rate25
Statutory Tax Rate
The standard corporate tax rate is 25%. Effective 1 January 2023, companies with turnover less than EUR 1 million are subject to a reduced corporate tax rate of 23%.
For newly established companies, a special reduced rate of 15% applies for the first profitable year and the following year. Hydrocarbon companies and credit institutions are subject to a 30% rate.
Effective 1 January 2022, Spain has introduced a minimum corporate tax, which applies for:
- Companies with a net turnover of at least EUR 20 million; and
- Companies that are taxed under the tax consolidation regime, regardless of turnover.
The standard minimum tax is equal to 15% of taxable income, reduced or increased, where appropriate, by the equalization reserve for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). However, the minimum tax rate is 10% for newly created entities (whose standard corporate tax rate is 15% for 2 years) and 18% for hydrocarbon companies and credit institutions (whose standard corporate tax rate is 30%).
The minimum tax does not apply to certain taxpayers, including taxpayers subject to special tax rates.