- Statutory Tax Rate 30
- Surtax Based on Taxable Income 0
- Surtax Based on Statutory Tax 0
- Surtax Deductible from Taxable Income 0
- Statutory Tax Deductable 0
- Effective Tax Rate 30
Statutory Tax Rate
The standard corporate tax rate for companies is 30% (reduced from 35% effective 1 January 2022).
Companies listed on the Lusaka Securities Exchange are eligible for a 2-percentage point discount on the corporate income tax rate during the first year of listing. The discount is increased to 7 percentage points only for the first year if at least one-third of the listed company is held by Zambian nationals.
Other rates apply as follows:
- 40% tax rate for mobile phone operators with respect to income in excess of ZMW 250,000 (the standard corporate tax rate applies to the first ZMW 250,000 of income);
- 10% for farming, agro-processing, and export of non-traditional products from farming or agro-processing; and
- 15% for production of organic fertilizer and manufacture of chemical fertilizer, and export of non-traditional products other than those relating to farming and agro-processing.
The corporate income tax is suspended for companies engaged in the business of manufacturing ceramic products for the tax years 2022 and 2023 (i.e., 0% tax rate).