There are no industry specific or special tax regimes in Greenland.
Following incentives are available to companies holding oil and mineral licenses under Mineral Resources Act:
- Corporate tax ('CIT') rate of 30% which is lower than applicable to other companies
- Lower rate of WHT on dividend at 36%
- Indefinite carry forward of operating losses subject to certain conditions (See sec 7.1)
- Tax exemption is available to the companies holding exploitation license of mineral resources if the same is provided under the license granted to the company
- Companies holding license of exploitation rights are eligible for tax exemption in respect of capital gains on transfer or conversion of a foreign branch to public limited company in Greenland, subject to certain conditions